Canada's Esri Young Scholars
Esri Young Scholars Award in Canada
A competition is held each year to select the Esri Young Scholar for Canada. Any full-time student or recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian college or university who has completed a project or research using Esri technology is eligible to apply. A panel comprising academic and business members review submissions. Judging criteria include content as well as poster design and presentation, and paper organization and clarity.
The winner travels to San Diego to attend the Esri Education GIS Conference and International Esri User Conference where their poster is displayed and they have the opportunity to interact with other Young Scholars from around the world. Read about the experiences of past winners at the Esri UC:
See where past international winners have come from:
- Poster, in PDF, that highlights the objectives, methods and results of your project or research.
- Must be created by and attributed to solely the applicant.
- Graphics must be of sufficient quality for printing, around 300 dpi.
- Portrait orientation, 24″ wide by 36″ high.
- Summary paper that explains your project or research.
- 800-1000 words maximum (not including title page, captions and references).
- Include maps and other illustrations.
- Personal statement describing your experience with GIS and why you want to attend the Esri UC
- Maximum 1 page, 12 pt font.
- Academic transcript. Unofficial copy (e.g., from your institution’s web portal) is acceptable.
How to Apply
2018 deadline: 5 pm ET, Thursday, March 29, 2018.
Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.