The Esri Canada GIS Scholarship Award program provides software, books, training, funding and other benefits to students at colleges and universities across Canada. Each participating institution may select one candidate using a process and criteria that reflect the nature of their program(s) where GIS is used.
Before the candidate is confirmed as a scholarship recipient by Esri Canada, they must submit the required deliverables: a poster and a brief summary report demonstrating their use of Esri technology in a special project, lab work, or interesting research use in a specific setting. Students are encouraged to submit the report as an ArcGIS StoryMap.
This FAQ has been created to answer questions that you may have regarding the Esri Canada GIS Scholarship Award as a GIS instructor or scholarship contact person at a participating institution. Additional information for students can be found in the FAQ for Students.
- When is the deadline for nominating a candidate?
- What are the general criteria?
- How is the scholarship recipient selected?
- Can the scholarship be divided between two or more students?
- What do we do once we have selected a recipient?
- When may we notify our recipient?
- What information and documents must be submitted?
- What are the deliverables that candidates must submit?
- Do GIS Award recipients also need to submit the deliverables?
- When will the selected candidate receive the scholarship award?
- How will the cash payment be made?