Esri Canada GIS Scholarships
Through our GIS Scholarships program, Esri Canada is proud to recognize Canadian post-secondary institutions that deliver strong, multidisciplinary GIS courses and programs. Students from 60 colleges and universities across the country are eligible for grants through this program. It provides recipients with great networking opportunities, funding and access to extensive GIS resources including Esri software, books and training to develop their GIS skills and knowledge.
2020 GIS Scholarships
Participating institutions must submit their candidates between January 15 and April 15, 2020. All required information and documents, including a poster and a report or story map, must be received by Esri Canada before the candidate will be confirmed as a scholarship recipient.
- Students currently enrolled at a participating institution:
- Instructors and staff at participating institutions:
For general information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canada's Esri Young Scholars
Esri Young Scholars Award in Canada
The Esri Young Scholars Award program was launched in 2012 to recognize the exemplary work in geospatial sciences of undergraduate and graduate students at universities around the world. It is offered by Esri in cooperation with its international distributors.
The award includes registration, transportation costs, hotel and per diem to attend the Esri User Conference and Education Summit @ Esri UC in San Diego where the Young Scholars display their work and interact with other Young Scholars.
Canada’s 2020 Esri Young Scholar Competition
Any full-time student or recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian college or university who has completed a project or research using Esri technology is eligible to apply.
Deadline: 5 pm ET, Friday, February 28, 2020.
- Poster, in PDF, that highlights the objectives, methods and results of your project or research.
- Summary paper that explains your project or research.
- Personal statement about your experience with GIS and why you want to attend the Esri UC
- Academic transcripts. Unofficial copy (e.g., from your institution’s web portal) is acceptable.
For more information and the application form, visit the contest page.