A competition is held each year to select the Esri Young Scholar for Canada. Any student, excluding residents of Quebec, enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian college or university who has completed a project or research using Esri technology is eligible to apply. Applications are reviewed by a panel comprising academic and business members. Judging criteria include content as well as design and presentation.
Esri Canada is pleased to announce the 2021 Esri Young Scholars Award program. The award is available to any student, excluding residents of Quebec, at a Canadian university or college subject to certain terms and conditions.
April 23, 2021, 5 p.m. EDT
- 1st Place: $1500 and registration for the Esri User Conference (virtual only, July 12-15, 2021) and Education Summit @ Esri UC (virtual only, July 10-13, 2021)
- 2nd Place: $1000
- Up to two (2) additional prizes of $500 and Esri Press eBooks may be awarded to meritorious students at the discretion of the judges.
- A poster that highlights the objectives, methods and results of your use of Esri technology.
- A story map that explains the work presented in the poster.
- A personal statement describing your experience with GIS and your future plans using GIS.
- Academic transcripts for all post-secondary education.
- Contact and enrollment information.
Use the Survey123 form embedded below or available at https://arcg.is/0yrCy9. Please ensure you have all the required documents and that your story map is public before completing the form.
Submissions will be evaluated based on:
- Content: Are the goals, methodology and results of the project clear in both the poster and the story map?
- Design: Does the poster make effective use of graphics and text to communicate the purpose and results of the project? Is the story map format used effectively to engage the audience?
- Overall merit: Has the student demonstrated exemplary work in geospatial sciences?