What software is included?
Licenses and Subcriptions
You will receive the following software for education and research use. Use of the software for commercial or revenue-generating purposes is not permitted.
- A three-year term license of ArcGIS for Student Use, which includes:
- ArcGIS Online with GIS Professional Advanced User Type and 1000 Service Credits
- ArcGIS Desktop Advanced Single Use license (ArcMap)
- ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Desktop Extensions: ArcGIS 3D Analyst, ArcGIS Data Interoperability, ArcGIS Data Reviewer, ArcGIS Geostatistical Analyst, ArcGIS Image Analyst (ArcGIS Pro only), ArcGIS LocateXT, ArcGIS Network Analyst, ArcGIS Publisher, ArcGIS Schematics, ArcGIS Spatial Analyst, ArcGIS Tracking Analyst, ArcGIS Workflow Manager
- A three-year, Professional-level ArcGIS Developer Subscription, which includes an ArcGIS Developer account (Creator user type) with free tier access to location services, ArcGIS Enterprise for development purposes, ArcGIS CityEngine, and access to developer tools and resources.
Scholarship recipients will need to have or create an Esri Account to download the software and obtain authorization codes through My Esri.
For 2022 scholarship recipients, the three-year term will end June 30, 2025, regardless of when the licenses are activated or first used. If you are nominated and complete the requirements (i.e., submit your poster) earlier in 2022, you will benefit from an extended license period.
If you already have a license, for example, a Desktop license from your institution, you may continue to use that license or replace it with the scholarship license, but the term end date will not change.
At the end of the term, you will be able to renew your ArcGIS for Student Use license and ArcGIS Developer Subscription at the regular annual fee to maintain access to the software and any content you create online.