What are the expectations for scholarship recipients?
If your institution has nominated you to receive a scholarship, you must provide certain information and supporting documents before you receive the award. There are also certain expectations for you as a winner of an Esri Canada scholarship. Some of these you will be required to do, and some you are encouraged to do:
- Provide your contact information so that we may process your award.
- Notify the Scholarship Coordinator of any changes to your mailing or email address.
- Maintain your profile in the scholars portal for at least a year after you were nominated.
- Submit a poster demonstrating your use of Esri technology by June 1. If you fail to do so and have not made arrangements for an extension, you may forfeit your scholarship.
- Create at least one story map within a year of being nominated and share it to your profile.
- Participate in conferences and training that help you develop your GIS skills and increase your knowledge of Esri technology.
- Become a GIS Ambassador.