Any full-time student or recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate program at a Canadian college or university who has completed a project or research using Esri technology is eligible to apply.
The award includes registration, transportation costs, hotel and per diem to attend the Esri User Conference and Education Summit @ Esri UC in San Diego where the Young Scholars display their work and interact with other Young Scholars.
- Applicants need to have used Esri GIS technology to complete a project or conduct interesting research.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate program at a college or university in Canada or have graduated within the current academic year (i.e., post-September 2018).
- Poster, in PDF, that highlights the objectives, methods and results of your project or research.
- Must be created by and attributed to solely the applicant.
- Graphics must be of sufficient quality for printing, minimum 300 dpi.
- Portrait orientation, 24″ wide by 36″ high (60.96 cm x 91.44 cm).
- Summary paper that explains your project or research.
- 800-1000 words maximum (not including title page, captions and references).
- Include maps and other illustrations.
- Personal statement describing your experience with GIS and why you want to attend the Esri UC.
- Maximum 1 page, 12 pt font.
- Academic transcripts. Unofficial copy (e.g., from your institution’s web portal) is acceptable. Graduate students and students enrolled in post-secondary diploma or certificate programs should provide a record of their undergraduate education.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the form below.
Deadline: **UPDATED** 5 pm ET, Sunday, March 24, 2019.
Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.